Monday, May 21, 2007

Memes Are For Lazy Bloggers

Bold is for stuff you've done, italics for stuff you plan to do one day, and normal for stuff you're not planning on doing...

Afghan/Blanket (baby)

I-cord

Garter stitch

Knitting with metal wire
I did a crochet with wire experiment once, does that count?

Shawl

Stockinette stitch

Socks: top-down
I will say yes, though I am still working on my first pair...

Socks: toe-up
Scary!

Knitting with camel yarn
I once smoked a Camel, does that count?

Mittens: Cuff-up

Mittens: Tip-down

Hat


Knitting with silk

Moebius band knitting

Participating in a KAL

Sweater

Drop stitch patterns

Knitting with recycled/secondhand yarn

Slip stitch patterns

Knitting with banana fiber yarn

Domino knitting (modular knitting)

Twisted stitch patterns

Knitting with bamboo yarn

Two end knitting
Do I even know what this is?

Charity knitting
Most of my recent charity has been crochet, just because it is faster

Knitting with soy yarn

Cardigan

Toy/doll clothing
OMGs, never! I have a horror of those teddy bears in sweaters!

Knitting with circular needles


Knitting with your own handspun yarn
Someday...

Slippers

Graffiti knitting (knitting items on, or to be left on the street)
I am totally into this one...

Continental knitting

Designing knitted garments

Cable stitch patterns (incl. Aran)
Scarier!

Lace patterns
Scariest!

Publishing a knitting book
*ahem* Sherri?

Scarf

Teaching a child to knit

American/English knitting (as opposed to continental)
It just doesn't make sense to purl like that!

Knitting to make money

Button holes

Knitting with alpaca

Fair Isle knitting

Norwegian knitting

Dyeing with plant colors
Just found out there's a class on this at a local history center...*grin*

Knitting items for a wedding

Household items (dishcloths, washcloths, tea cozies…)

Knitting socks (or other small tubular items) on two circulars

Olympic knitting
Missed it last time, definitely doing it next time...

Knitting with someone else’s handspun yarn

Knitting with DPNs

Holiday related knitting

Teaching a male how to knit

Bobbles
Ew.

Knitting for a living
Among other things...

Knitting with cotton

Knitting smocking

Dyeing yarn
Already bought the Kool Aid!

Steeks
Just reading about the Yarn Harlot's steeking experience made me break out in a cold sweat...

Knitting art

Fulling/felting

Knitting with wool

Textured knitting

Kitchener BO
Well, unless I want my toes to hang out of the ends of my new socks, I'll just have to learn, won't I?

Purses/bags

Knitting with beads

Swatching
Though Grumperina says swatching is for losers...

Long Tail CO
It's the only cast on I know how to do!

Entrelac

Knitting and purling backward

Machine knitting
I used to have a machine many moons ago (it died), and I got new one for felting projects, but I haven't broken it in yet...

Knitting with self-patterning/self-striping/variegating yarn

Stuffed toys

Baby items

Knitting with cashmere

Darning

Knitting with synthetic yarn

Writing a pattern

Gloves

Intarsia

Knitting with linen

Knitting for preemies

Tubular CO

Freeform knitting
I've done some freeform crochet--I wonder how that would work with knitting?

Short rows

Cuffs/fingerless mitts/arm warmers

Pillows

Knitting a pattern from an online knitting magazine

Rug

Knitting on a loom

Thrummed knitting

Knitting a gift

Knitting for pets
OK, yes, I've knitted a dog sweater...*hangs head in shame*

Shrug/bolero/poncho

Knitting with dog/cat hair
What?

Hair accessories

Knitting in public
Every lunchtime!

Obviously I am a complete noob when it comes to knitting...I haven't been able to find a crochet meme, so someone should tag me, because I think I could kick some crochet meme butt, given the chance! *HA!*

No comments: