Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Don't Panic!

A few months ago, four women in my immediate department announced they were pregnant simultaneously...(I don't mean it happened simultaneously, though that could possibly have been the case, but honestly, I don't think that's any of my business...) It was at the same staff meeting, OK?

So in a fit of babylust and optimism, I decided that I would make blankets for everybody...Now, one of the women has been fired since, so that's one down, but I am still seriously lagging behind...Today it was announced that the office shower for one of the preggers is on Friday...I only just cast on her baby blanket on Sunday...


Can I do it? Ergh...

I am also having a serious love-hate relationship with this yarn...Baby Bee Lambie Pie from Hobby Lobby...

I am a firm believer in acrylic for everyone under the age of 20, so that's fine...And I adore the fabric it makes...Looky all the swizzles coming out all over the place! I love it!

But you cannot frog it...Also, I have never, ever had a tension problem with knitting (or crocheting, for that matter) but this keeps getting tighter and tighter as I work the row; I really don't know what the problem could be, since it's just individual stitches, and sections of stitches (the fabric created is fine, not too tight at all)...My fix at this point is to knit grotesquely loose, and just throw the yarn around the needle and when I pull through it comes up as a normal-type of tension...

I did finish my blanket for the Afghans for Afghans Mother's Day campaign...Now, before I go any further, I have to explain...The stipulations were for an animal fiber for warmth, and no white or light colors that would show dirt easily...





It's bright and it's cheerful, and I think it is disgusting-looking...*huge grin* I hope it will keep a little girl nice and warm all winter long, but this will be the last time I do a project for anyone, anytime, with colors I can't stand...

I made some hats too, with the same pink and teal variegated, and some in a blue variegated colorway as well, which turned out looking a hell of a lot cuter than this blanket...

Dulaan's deadline is coming up, so maybe I can figure something better out for them...But for now I think it will be a race to get that baby blanket done for Friday...

1 comment:

CeltiaSkye said...

I know my monitor is horrible at portraying colors accurately, but that baby blanket looks like something I once found in the bottom of the veggie crisper when I hadn't cleaned the fridge for several months. :)