Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Just Where The Hell Have You Been???

Bad Blogger, no cookie...

But I've been busy, see?


Attending my cousin's Most Beautiful Wedding...


With the best party I've been to in a long time afterwards...Hey, free Grey Goose, what can I say? It's been a month, and I think the hangover is just about gone now...


While I was in Chicago, I had some time to check out Loopy Yarns...Very worth the walk from my hotel...I managed to restrain myself and only got a leetle bit of sock yarn...(Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Jungle Stripe)




Other recent activities were not nearly as fun...Eeeeeew!!!


I ended up splurging and bought myself a 3 part birthday present...

Ooooh, what is it?


Hmmmm...


What could it possibly be?!


YAY!!!


And Mr Swift's good friends came to live with me as well...*huge grin*





I brought some of my jools and things to the local PPD...




Ms Serenity Gulch was nice enough to come along and show off her Mad Spinning Skillz, yo...Which was so cool...Though I am still not going to learn to spin...No, I'm not!




With the impetus of PPD behind me, I finally got my act (ass?) in gear and set up an Etsy shop for all the various bits of jewellery and fibery goodness that I make...Though unfortunately, it made me realize that I really need to get a decent camera, since I just can't get good pictures of my baubles and colors are never right...

I finished up teaching a crochet class at IUPUI Community Education, which was a blast...It was a kind of spur of the moment thing to help out the usual instructor who wasn't going to be able to make a couple of the dates scheduled...But one of my students recommended me to the owner of an LYS, so I am now officially the new crochet instructor at Mass Ave Knit Shop!


Check me out! How cool am I now! *poses for the paparazi* It's too bad the yarn I picked for the samples photographs so poorly...*blushes*

While hanging around Mass Ave, I discovered that I have a serious Cascade 220 addiction...I mean, really bad...A little voice inside my head insists that I absolutely need all the colors...

Luckily, I found an excuse...

Afghans for Afghans has the cutest little vest pattern ever, in both knit and crochet...The In-Vest for Peace by Susan Wills and Sue Clark...It is so wee and so cute, and works up very quickly...With the stripes you can use up little bits of leftover wool doing something good for a little child who needs it badly...



Here's my first one; the edging and buttons will probably be finished tomorrow night...I've already started a new one! *grin*

I have a lot of Yarny things coming up as well...Serenity, Sleepycat and I have commandeered the services of the Sheep Street dyeing teacher in November to start learning how to handpaint sock yarn (I cannot wait!)...And in a fit of insanity, I got talked into a mini Cherie Amour KAL as well, though the idea of knitting lace of any sort scares the bejeezus out of me! Stay tuned for shrieking, moaning, temper tantrums at all hours of the day and night, and the stamping of tiny little feet...

No comments: