Wednesday, August 15, 2007

It Pours...

So...

I have an opportunity to teach a crochet class in September...I haven't taught in some time, so I'll probably need to get my sh*t in order pretty damn quick, especially since it appears that September is going to be More Than Busy...I've got a wedding to go to in Chicago, I'm taking a Spanish class to try and brush up, since I haven't spoken Spanish in forever; I'm planning on being a vendor at the local PPD (mostly jewellery that I've made, though I did do good business last year with some funky scarves, and am currently working on some fun fur pillows to take along as well--stash clearing! Yay!) And I signed up to do a stupid LOMA exam for work, and the test is at the end of the month...Am I forgetting anything? I think I am forgetting something...Argh...

Meanwhile back at the ranch, I'm blocking all my Babette squares...I wonder if I have too many...Maybe someone else wants some Babette squares...Maybe I have enough Babette squares to make a bed-sized afghan for everyone in the Midwest...I might have enough to actually cover the Midwest in one giant Babette...

I really am loving it though...I love the colors I picked, and since I usually don't block stuff, or don't make stuff that needs blocking, I am enjoying the novelty...for the moment...*grin* It might get old real soon though, since I have been pinning and spraying a set in the morning before I go to work, then unpinning and doing a new set as soon as I get home, and then one last set before I go to bed at night...You'd think I'd eventually run out of squares to block, but apparently they are breeding, because I keep finding more...*sigh*

Sleepycat gave me a tip for the Best Blocking Tool ever...


Forget the expensive, ridiculous 'blocking boards' for sale at JoAnn's or online, and head on down to Lowe's...In the flooring section, they have four packs of these giant foam squares...I believe they are intended for use in the workshop, to make concrete floors easier on your feet when you're standing for long periods...But they make really great boards for blocking yarn projects! They seem to be self-healing for the most part as well, so I think that my fourpack will last me a good long time...At least through the never-ending Babette...Pretty good deal for 16 bucks, huh?

No comments: