Friday, June 15, 2007

Better Late Than Never...

A few weeks ago, Sherri and I took a field trip down to Sheep Street Fibers down in Morgantown...

I think this is one of my favorite yarn shops, full stop...They describe themselves as a 'sheep to shawl' operation, and they pretty much cover all the bases...Yarn, knitting and crochet, roving, spinning wheels, looms...Sheep Street's got what ya need, babe...*grin*

I don't even want to show all the stuff I bought that day, because I went a little crazy...After peeking at books for a few minutes, I started in on the pattern section, with a modicum of self-control...After that, things just got completely out of hand...


Bottom yarns: Le Fibre Nobile in a nice olive green...Noro Kureyon 148...

In the middle, a black laceweight with no label...

And the Fiber Trends felted clog pattern (that's what the Noro's for) and a Lily Chin Collection shawl pattern (no yarn yet)...

The black laceweight's for a simple tunic pattern I picked up at Knit Stop...Some of the best things about Sheep Street are how friendly and customer-oriented they are, and their location, on a fiber farm just outside of Morgantown...While we were doing this...













...the nice man inside was balling up all my laceweight, ringing up my stuff and packing it up nicely for me...

Hooray for Sheep Street!

No comments: