Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Fiber Event At Greencastle

It started off with...shall we say, 'less than ideal' conditions...Ack!


But the omens were good...


I was a little overwhelmed and overexcited at first...







This was the first booth we checked out...Roving Mania!



Yarns Unlimited was another of the lucky ones in the only heated building at the fair...I am a total sucker for chenille, and at $20 a pound, well, you know...Check out the amazing chenille weaving hanging on the wall...


I am in love with LoneSome Stone as well...Two lovely ladies came all the way from Colorado for their very first show...Their sock yarn, their colorways...*sigh*...I didn't get the gorgeous purple and green that I was drooling over, but they still got a large chunk of my yarn budget for this show!


Sherri and I hit the Schacht Fleece Farm booth hard too...Mandy was extremely knowledgeable re Icelandic sheep...Sherri states that Icelandics are her third choice when she starts up with sheep...

But just look at Mandy's gorgeous roving and hand-spun...



Here she's bribing Sherri with roving from her Icelandic Babies...I think between us we can convince her...*grin*


We want Bun-Bun!


The youth Spinning group from Conner Prairie was right next door to Sherri's massage therapy booth...How cool is that?? We love Fiber Guys!


I finally managed to get some sock yarn!! From left to right: LoneSome Stone Yarn Mountain Feat Superwash Merino in Shades of Plum...LoneSome Stone Yarn Mountain Feat Superwash Merino in Charcoal Grey (just a bit for the toes and heels of the plum socks)...LoneSome Stone Yarn Mountain Feat Superwash Merino in Perfect Storm...And Fiesta Boomerang, an Extrafine Superwash Merino in Poppies...Can you tell I loves the LoneSome Stone? *grin*


I only bought ONE pound of chenille...This picture doesn't really do the color justice--it's a lovely, rich dark purple...Notice that someone...*ahem*...couldn't resist playing with it last night, though I think the shawl pattern I started here may be smarter than I am...



Did pretty well with my Sock Stash Enhancement Plan...I also picked up a copy of 'The Knitting Directory', which, though I've just skimmed it, seems really great...Full of How-To info and a mini stitch encyclopedia (helpfully divided up into basic and advanced)...I also got my hands on a great pattern at the Briar Rose booth...The Easy Bulky Sweater from Yankee Knitter Designs...I'm excited about it because it has several variations within the pattern, so you can make a fairly easy sweater customized exactly how you'd like it...Roll neck, turtle neck, cable down the front, cuffs or no cuffs, etc. Since I am just getting back into knitting after quite a few years, this looks like a great First Sweater Since Forever...*grin*

2 comments:

CeltiaSkye said...

You just want me to get some Icelandic sheep so you'll have a ready source for hair extensions!

E said...

Because I need more hair? Is there something you're not telling me? *anxiously checks for bald spots*