Thursday, April 5, 2007

Brrrrr!

Since we are having a last blast from Winter this week, I was quite glad that I spent some time during the Real Winter making scarves...


This was the first knitting project I had done in about 10+ years, so I just did a garter stitch scarf in Noro Kureyon (one of my favorite yarns ever, even if it is a little scratchy for a scarf)...


Then I got a bit more adventurous with a pattern from Vogue Knitting...The pattern was shawl-sized, but I used different-sized needles than what the pattern called for...It is a very stretchy, almost lacy kind of stitch, which isn't really apparent from this picture...But I like the diagonal ends...


I used up some of the leftover yarn from a strip scarf which is still a WIP, and made this up as I went along, with red, black, and 2 shades of grey...

No comments: