Sunday, March 25, 2007

It's Just Not Fair...

It's a fairly typical story, I think...I learnt to knit a long time ago...A loooooong time ago...I think my Scottish granny taught me when I was about 8 or so, though she had taught me crochet first...I would love to be able to talk to her about these things now, but unfortunately she died while I was still in my selfish young adult stage, and while I was in college, I took an extended hiatus from all things yarny (it wasn't cool, you see)...Later on, I got back into yarn and fiber...With a vengeance...

Recently, my buddy suckered me into the whole idea of knitting socks...I am still working on my first pair, in some blue on blue wool from Michael's (why spend serious bucks when you're going to screw it up? *grin*) She recently admitted that she knew sock yarn was addictive, and that part of the disease is that you transmit it to others...*sigh*

I heard about Yarn4Socks on Lime & Violet's podcast, I believe...Artyarns! Lorna's Laces! Regia! Fleece Artist! J. Knits!!! OMGs!!! My favorites at the moment are the Artyarns Supermerino 140, Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Motherlode, and Seacoast Handpainted in Night Sky, though as I flip through the site pages, new 'favorites' keep appearing...

As of right this minute, my shopping cart has $265.85 in it...Don't go to that site with your tax refund...Don't do it...Like Nancy used to say: 'Just say no!'

You have been warned...

No comments: